Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 17, 2008

Dear Friend,
I am writing to you because, well, for awhile I was worried. Worried about myself, how I wasn’t really me. For weeks on end I had felt a tension inside, and over my head like a cartoon rainstorm that followed me, as an ever ensuing weight which dazed my head. And for awhile this was happening to me, but now it seems the storm has receded and for the first time in a month I am relieved. Am I finding my place? … I would like to hope so. I would like to think I have found my niche, but still I cannot tell. This is all too overwhelming. I just need to know that there are others who feel this way too. That I am not the only one. I think you of all people would understand that because you have been through this before. I remember the day we met, and I remember that soon our ties were cut short as you moved away. You also told me it wasn’t your first time either and I felt for you. But I knew you learned to cope, so now more than ever I need your crutch. So, this is my life. And I want you to know, whether you can help me or not, I’ve still thought about things, and thus come to terms... If you can manage on your own, then I only hope I can do the same.

My kinship always,
Jammy Kay

No comments: