Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our,

Lemon Burst

Song One: “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” – Tears for Fears
Song Two: “I Ran So Far Away” – Flock of Seagulls
Song Three: “Call Me” – Blondie
Song Four: “Flashdance” – Irene Cara
Song Five: “Tainted Love” – Soft Cell
Song Six: “Owner of a Lonely Heart” – Yes
Song Seven: “Thriller” – Michael Jackson
Song Eight: “Upside Down” – Diana Ross
Song Nine: “Land Down Under” – Men at Work
Song Ten: “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” – Tears for Fears

I remember you and I would always talk about traveling back in time to the 80’s... And how fun it would be to wear goofy clothes, and glasses, and all those things. I remember our sophomore year in high school we started the trend for Funky Fridays with our Day-Glo sensations. I remember for Halloween we dressed as an 80’s duo for three years in a row. Each year just got better and better. We were always the talk of the neighborhood. And then, on numerous occasions you and I would take your dads convertible and go for a night on the town booming our favorite tunes. In the end, we did manage to travel back in time and in our honor I made this mix tape to declare, WE ARE THE RULERS OF THE WORLD!

I hope that when you listen to this mix tape you can re-live everything we shared together in our little world from the 1980's. Just promise me one thing, you'll sing out loud to every song like we did in your dads yellow convertible.


My best friend is really my twin. Shhh!
My dad adorns his moustache a little too much.
My mom sometimes “accidentally” cuts-in to change the subject.
My sister is very opinionated – Ms. Environmentalist.
My aunt always has a hug to give, and cookies too.

No comments: